Our company is looking for a highly motivated Junior System Engineer for our European Center of Excellence in Valencia (Spain) or Bordeaux (France).
Are you the candidate we are looking for?
What you will be doing :
- Participate in large scale projects related to Data Management & Analytics
- Develop and test the cloud infrastructure
- Monitor and improve DevOps tools and processes, automate deployment tasks, and improve system reliability
- Empower Arhis project teams and ensure excellent Architecture and Deployment processes
- Develop comprehensive monitoring solutions to provide full visibility to the different platform components
- Identify performance bottlenecks, anomalies and outages
- Work with other teams to resolve issues related to application configuration, deployment, or debugging
- Research on best practices related to all aspects of installation and deployment management for following technologies: Relational and No-SQL Databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase), Data Integration (Informatica, Talent, MuleSoft, Kafka, Spark and many more), Data Science and Machine Learning (Python, R etc)
What we offer:
- Work at our offices in Bordeaux or in the heart of Valencia at the Mediterranean coast, next to the old course of Turia River park and surrounded by restaurants, cafes, gyms and green areas. We are confident that you’ll find everything you’ll need to make yourself comfortable at one of Europe’s new buzzing tech hubs.
- Continuous training on cutting-edge technologies
- Opportunity to work in an intercultural environment
- Attractive salary composed of a base and a performance complement.
- Social benefits such as medical insurance.
- Flexible working hours and remote work : home office and possibilities to work in all Arhis agencies
- 300 days of Valencian sun a year
- Perks like fresh fruits and snacks, monthly tapas evening etc.
Expected Qualifications and Experience:
- Preferred University Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience of at least 1 year in a similar position
- Basic Administration of Linux and Windows server platforms, application servers such as JBoss, Weblogic or IBM Websphere and load balancers such as haproxy
- Experience related to database administration (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Experience in Cloud Operations, Configuration Management, Release Management, System administration
- Experience with containerization using technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker is a major plus
- Knowledge in automation technologies to build, deploy and integrate both infrastructure and applications
- Experience in Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration and automation techniques and technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Gitlab CI, BitRise, Travis, etc.)
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, Bash will be a plus
- Installation & Administration of secure communications with VPNs IPSEC and Site to Site Tunnels will be a plus
- Responsible and analytical person, good listener, attention to details and with interpersonal and communication skills
- Good command of English. French or Spanish will be an added value
- Team player and with a proactive mindset
- Willingness to learn and to travel occasionally